We see it every day, execs scratching their heads wondering why they don’t get traction in their quest to reach a private equity position.
- You fail to properly describe your background to Private Equity in their language.
- You Fail to establish that you’re willing to work side by side with Private Equity.
- You Fail to understand the different types of Private Equity (there are 13+ types do you understand each of them? And how do they relate to your background?)
- Not having the right introductions. (A colleague can introduce you to the firms they know but are these the right firms for you?)
- Not knowing how to do a proper interview with Private Equity and the decision makers.
- Fail to identify the right Private Equity partner.
- Not having a big enough funnel to outreach. You need to get to 200 or more to hit the right timing.
- Not targeting the right Private Equity firms that are matched to your background.
- Not reaching/connecting with the decision makers at the portfolio company.
- Fail to understand how Private Equity moves behind the scenes.
- Failure to understand the context of having the right Private Equity mindset.
- Not devoting enough time or right information to do the proper due diligence on the Private Equity firm and the partners.
- Not knowing how to package yourself to appeal Private Equity.
- Not having updated information on Private Equity firms.
- Not making yourself relevant. A deal thesis or a deal will make you relevant!
BlackmoreConnects™ is the ultimate platform for executives who want to overcome all of these obstacles. We offer you all the necessary materials, tools and personalized 1-on-1 coaching to land board positions and executive positions with more than 25 strategies to gain their attention. If you are serious about having success in Private Equity, there is no better option than our BlackmoreConnects™ membership tiers.