Don't Take It From Us, Let Capital Providers Tell You Why They Come to Our Events:
Capital Provider FAQ's
Q: When do you conduct the deal flow conferences?
A: Our events take place every nine weeks. The schedule for 2018 is: April 11th, June 13, Aug. 15th, Oct 17th, Dec. 12th.
Q: Who are the executives that attend these events?
A: These executives are not in search of a position with a capital provider. They’re looking for a partner to help them execute their actionable idea. It isn’t difficult for a capital provider to find executives. What is difficult is finding executives who want to buy a company, which is crucial. We will go through ~900 resumes in each quarter of the year to pre-screen for these such individuals.
- Execs who are screened by a recruiting team with over 100 years combined capital provider recruiting experience
- Execs with actionable, proprietary deals(capital providers pay a success fee only when a deal is closed)
- Execs who have been coached to adopt an independent operating partner mindset and position themselves as a continual source of proprietary deal flow
- ‘Backable’ execs who are ready to do the heavy lifting to get deals done over 12-24 months vs. ‘getting a job’
- Sophisticated executives who understand how Private Equity works
- Execs to whom a firm can bring a CIM to vet a deal and locate where the ‘bones are buried’
- Execs who can give you the unique industry angle that will give your firm confidence to win more deals
- Execs who can help extend your deal team
- Execs who can be board members
- Execs who can be future replacement executives
- Execs who are ready to be short-term consultants
- Execs who can be interim leaders
Q: What is the cost of attending an event?
A: The registration price for a single event is $2,999. If you register for multiple events simultaneously(because this is a ‘program’ approach) you will enjoy significant savings. Register for two events and the price is reduced to $2,500 per event. Register for three events and the price is reduced to $2,000 per event. Register for five to six events and the price is reduced to $1,500 per event.
Q: How many capital providers attend each event?
A: An average of 15 capital providers attend any given event. There is a maximum of 24 permitted for a single event.
Q: How many executives attend each event?
A: You will have face-to-face access with between 15-30 executives that have a clearly-defined, private equity-specific angle, and who do not wish to be involved with an investment bank or business broker. These executives are veterans within their industries, having spent decades building relationships with their industry peers.
Q: What are the size of the targets that these executives are putting together?
A: $5M EBITDA – $25M EBITDA
Q: How do you find the executives?
A: They are qualified through a curated process which includes multiple thesis revisions and target identification. Over 500 executives are screened to produce just one executive attendee at each event!
The execs go through between 5 – 20 hours of training about the expectations of capital providers to make sure they are not attending simply to secure a job.
The executives understand that it takes a large number of targets to get a deal done.
Q: What are the benefits of attending these events?
Increased proprietary deal flow
One-on-one, face-to-face meetings with qualified operating executives
Save years and thousands of dollars in marketing capital in trying to do it on your own
Q: What do I pay if we fund a deal?
There is a 24-month tail after each conference for deals that are realized.
The payment of a standard Lehman Fee (5, 4, 3, 2,1) should a deal close with one of the pre-qualified executives via the BlackmoreConnects™ pipeline.
Q: What if we use them as consultants?
A: For Consultant, Advisor, or other Experts Fee: 33% of all monies paid.
Q: What if I hire them?
- For C-level positions: 33% of first twelve months of employment as determined by total starting salary and expected bonus accepted by candidate. If hired on a contract basis: 33% of total monthly compensation for the first twelve months of the contract or until contract is terminated.
For Board Member positions: Any board positions filled by executives of Blackmore Partners, Inc. will follow the below fee schedule:
|$20,000,000(USD) and below||$30,000(USD)|
|$20,000,000(USD) – $100,000,000(USD)||$40,000(USD)|
|$100,000,000(USD) and above||$50,000(USD)|
Q: What should I expect from executives at the conference?
These executives are looking for a financial sponsor.
These executives are actively building a funnel of proprietary deal flow from within their networks. When a deal closes they are looking for salary, bonuses and at least 5% equity without putting money in and the ability to co-invest.
Some deals will be actionable immediately, while others will be actionable in the weeks and months ahead.
If as a capital provider you only like investment bank deals, our deal flow is not for you.
These executives understand how private equity really works. They too, prefer ACTIONABLE deals. However, they know most deals fail.
These executives understand they will likely have 10 deals fail to close just one.
These executives are interviewing you and vice versa to find the right fit.